Marine Propulsion Module 2: Marine Propulsors Characteristics
Netherlands Maritime Technology
Type: Training / Sector(en): Zeevaart, Offshore, Havens, Jachtbouw, Binnenvaart, Scheepsbouw, Maritieme Toeleveranciers, Maritieme Dienstverlening, Visserij, Waterbouw, Watersport
To provide maritime professionals with a clear understanding of a wide variety of propulsion systems. The module includes both lectures and practical exercises.
- Introduction propulsion systems
- Basic hydrodynamics
- Fixed pitch propellers
- Controllable pitch propellers
- Steerable thrusters
- Water jets
- Voith Schneider propellers
- Transverse thrusters
- Propulsion system application
Target group and lecturers
This module is of interest to designers, engineers and sales engineers working with system integrators, engine transmission and propulsor manufacturers/representatives, electrical engineering firms, shipyards, navies, design offices and ship owners. Netherlands Maritime Technology organises the module ‘Marine Propulsors Characteristics’ in close cooperation with Wärtsilä Propulsion Netherlands BV. The trainers are Ir. Jasper Grevink of Wärtsilä Propulsion Netherlands BV and ing. Edwin Bonsen of Voith Turbo BV.
Thanks to its international setting, the course offers companies in the maritime cluster an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and to network with colleagues, clients and/or suppliers. This will enable them to position their company even better as a co-maker in the shipbuilding process.
Between 12 and 20 participants per training.
- Marine Propulsion Module 1: Propulsion Plant Concepts and Basic Ship Hydrodynamics (September 12 & 13)
- Marine Propulsion Module 3: Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines Characteristics (October 24 & 25)
- Marine Propulsion Module 4: Electrical Drives Characteristics (November 14 & 15)
- Marine Propulsion Module 5: Matching Propulsion Engine and Propulsor (December 12 & 13)
Two days, 09.00 – 17.00 hours
3 and 4 October 2016
members € 950,- per module
non-members € 1.200,- per module
These fees include all training materials, catering and lunches (excluding 21% VAT).
To sign up, click here.